If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning Washington Huskies athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, follow the official UW Dawg Pound Twitter account and subscribe to Ryan Priest’s lists of UW’s beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
- Our SB Nation NFL mock draft over at the mothership includes one Husky defensive back in the top half of the 1st round.
- UW fans might not agree with this SI recap of the Early Signing Period in which Oregon is listed as a “winner” and the concluding sentence remarks that a return from Herbert would mean “the Ducks will spend all offseason carrying the burden of the Pac-12’s 2019 playoff expectations”.
- And that last clause is in fact relevant as Ducks QB Justin Herbert announced today that he’ll be returning for his senior season and so will likely be playing when Oregon travels to Seattle in 2019.
- The Seattle Times profiles ex-Husky LB Michael Jackson who helped UW seal the 1978 Rose Bowl and is now doing great things for the community.
- Scott Eklund at Dawgman ($) has his annual post delving into some of the anecdotes about UW signees that he feels comfortable sharing now that they’re officially Huskies. It includes one Pac-12 coaching staff being asked to leave a high school because they couldn’t take a hint when trying to flip a UW commit who had no interest.
- Christian Caple at The Athletic ($) profiles new UW kicker Timothy Horn who hopefully will be able to transform the Washington kicking game as a true freshman.
- Ken Pomeroy at The Athletic ($) writes that the Pac-12 is the second most wide open of any conference in the country. And that spells good news for the Huskies.