If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning Washington Huskies athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, follow the official UW Dawg Pound Twitter account and subscribe to Ryan Priest’s lists of UW’s beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
- Dawgman has all of the notes from Chris Petersen’s Monday press conference yesterday.
- Perhaps the biggest thing to come out of the presser is that Hunter Bryant is “getting close” to returning although it’s unclear whether that means he could be ready for the Stanford game or rather after the bye week.
- But if you want to watch the entire thing, here’s a link where you can see the replay.
- The very important contest against Stanford on Saturday, November 3rd will either start at 6p or 7:45p depending on the outcomes of UW-Cal and Wazzu-Stanford this week.
- Jon Wilner continues to slam the Pac-12 for their handling of “ThirdPartyGate”.
- Larry Stone at the Seattle Times also gets in on the action with his column on the Conference of Credibility Issues.
- Chantel Jennings at The Athletic looks at the Pac-12 North to determine whether a strong division is a bad thing for the Pac-12 and also talks about Aaron Fuller’s stellar season.
- Washington got a commitment yesterday afternoon from 4 star ILB Josh Calvert.
According to @SportSourceA, UW has made 41 offensive trips to the red zone (5.13 per game), which ranks 5th nationally.
Once there, they’ve scored TDs 51.2% of the time (21 times), which ranks 115th nationally.
— Tony Castricone (@Castricone) October 22, 2018
- Ex-Husky Marvin Hall showed that he still has elite speed on this long touchdown for Atlanta on Monday Night Football
I’ll never get tired of seeing the fog burn away on Montlake, especially during a game at The Greatest Setting in College Football. pic.twitter.com/7j0wtzxkif
— Trenton Cotten (@UWTrentonCotten) October 22, 2018
- The Huskies were ranked 25th in the preseason AP Poll which came out yesterday.